Christmas is just 50 days away now, and although we are in a ‘firebreak’ lockdown until Monday 9th November, we thought we’d share some of our inspiration for gift ideas for the whole family for when the shops re-open on Monday 9th November. From beautifully selected jewellery and personalised products, to relaxing beauty treatments and sweet treats, there’s a wide range of gifts to suit all budgets.
Here are just some of the items you can tick off your Christmas shopping list at Milford Waterfront:
1. If you want to feel the magic of Christmas, then just step into Pebbles where you’ll be greeted by Elaine’s infectious Christmas spirit and a range of beautifully festive decorations. With so many Gisela Graham decorations and more to choose from, you’re bound to come out with more than one to add to your collection! Pebbles stocks a fantastic range of gifts and stocking fillers including Bomb Cosmetics, Coastie Candles, dcuk, Joma Jewellery and more recently Banyan Jewellery, as well as the latest collections from Adini, Brandtex and Signature Casual Clothing. With a free gift-wrapping service with every purchase too, Pebbles really is the place to go for a personal shopping experience.
2. If it’s a gift of local produce that you’re after, then head to Trwffl where Sandra will put together a beautifully packaged hamper bespoke to order. With a range of delicious Welsh products such as Tregroes Waffles, Welsh Brew Tea, Barti Ddu Rum, Cinnamon Grove Gin, Tan y Castell Welsh cakes, Farmers Food at Home jams and chutneys and Welsh Lady preserves, the recipient will have plenty to keep them going over the festive period. The real gem at Trwffl though is their handmade chocolates. Available in a range of delicious flavours, some of our favourites include Sea Salt & Vanilla, Barti Ddu Rum, Zesty Orange and Luscious Lemon. You’ll also find a lovely range of homeware products in store such as Melin Tregwynt throws, Mena Ceramics and photography gifts from Pembrokeshire Moments.
3. Give something personal with a printed item from St Brides Bay Print & Embroidery. With the skills to print on pretty much anything, you could get your family and friends who love baking a customised apron, or a personalised mug for that colleague that you’ve drawn for Secret Santa who drinks tea or coffee all day long! Lizzie and the St Brides team also stock STACKS Co clothing, with a range of eco-friendly products inspired by the environment, family and having fun.
4. For those that enjoy being pampered and a bit of rest and relaxation, a hair or beauty treatment would make the perfect gift. Both Aspire Beauty and Mermaid XIII sell a range of leading products such as LA Skincare, Dermalogica, Mii and Peacci. With Dermalogica Skincare Expert status, Carly at Aspire Beauty is passionate about skincare and has a wealth of knowledge to carry out treatments that really get results. Mermaid XIII offer a range of hair and beauty treatments, specialising in balayage, extensions, HD Brows, LVL Lashes and more. So what are you waiting for? Treat the lady (or man) in your life and make them feel really special!
5. Scott’s Sweet Shop have got you covered for stocking fillers, Christmas Eve boxes for the children and thank you gifts for teachers. They’ve got giant candy canes, chocolate shaped gaming controllers, mobile phones, toolkits, make up sets, Wonka bars, chocolate coins, chocolate tree decorations and a range of mixed sweets and fudge lovingly packaged in cones, boxes and jars. With sugar free, dairy free, gluten free, vegan sweets and carob available, Scott’s Sweet Shop have got most dietary requirements covered too.
6. Image by Vanessa and Boobaloo Boutique stock a range of stylish clothing and accessories. Both shops have friendly and welcoming staff who ensure that their customers always leave looking and feeling amazing. Pop in and browse the range where the ladies will gladly offer plenty of guidance, or buy a gift voucher so that your loved one can choose something for themselves.
7. For those that are tricky to buy for and really do have everything, we’re sure a Pembrokeshire Lottery gift subscription would be much appreciated. They’ll have the chance of winning £2,000 in the weekly draw, plus a monthly superdraw with £4,000 or £8,000 up for grabs. In December, the value of the monthly superdraw increases to £10,000 just in time for Christmas! Just imagine your loved one winning that kind of money after they’d received a gift subscription from you.
8. Pure Art and the Waterfront Gallery showcase some of the best artists and craft workers in Wales. If you’re looking for a gift for an art enthusiast then look no further than these two galleries that display an assortment of mediums, including paintings, photography, sculpture and ceramics, and beautiful gifts.
9. You can never go wrong with a gift voucher, and you can purchase one from most of the restaurants and cafés here to enjoy at a time when it is most convenient for the recipient. After a very unsettled year, having a meal out to look forward to in 2021 seems like the perfect treat to us, the only issue is where to choose as the selection of places to eat here is pretty epic.
10. If it’s the ultimate gift that you’re after and you really want to show someone how much you care, then a stay on the water in a Floatel Cabin or a break overlooking the Milford Haven Waterway with panoramic views in a self-catering apartment will do just the trick. With a rise in staycations and people staying closer to home, this gift is sure to make someone’s Christmas!
11. For all of your Christmas wrapping essentials, look no further than the shops at Havens Head Retail Park just across the way from Milford Waterfront. You’ll be able to pick up cards, wrapping paper and so much more from a range of national chains such as Tesco and Home Bargains. Or, if you are feeling creative, pop in to In House Crafts and pick up some supplies to make your own cards, gift wrap and decorations.